Dhanbad, Date: 19/07/2019
DGMS APPROVAL NO.-E_00134/3 of 2019
Director General of Mines Safety
Directorate General of Mines Safety,
P.O & Distt: Dhanbad - 826 016.
Shri Steve Edmund - Managing Director, M/s. Ampcontrol UK Ltd., 66, Third Avenue, Heatherhouse Industrial Estate ,Irvine Ayrshire, Scotland, KA 12 8HN, United Kingdom. P.O- Nagnagar ,
Jharkhand, Dhanbad, Dhanbad, 826004
Sub: Approval under Regulation 208(3) of the Coal Mines Regulations, 2017 for Flameproof Multi Purpose Unit, type : AUK 1000/4S, rated upto 1140V, 400A, manufactured by M/s. Ampcontrol UK Ltd., conforming to EN 60079-0:2012, EN 60079-1:2014 and EN 60079-11:2012 for use in belowground coal mines in India.
In reference to the field trial permission issued vide letter No. FT_E_83764 dated 18.05.2018 and based on the performance report received from M/s. Eastern Coalfields Ltd., Dishergarh, Burdwan and test report as referred above, approval is hereby accorded to Flameproof Multi Purpose Unit, type : AUK 1000/4S, rated upto 1140V, 400A for use in belowground coal mines for a period of five (05) years from the date of issue of this letter, subject to compliance with conditions stipulated in Annexure-A.
The application for renewal should be made at least three (03) months before the date of expiry of the approval.
Conditions for DGMS approval under Regulation 208(3) of the Coal Mines Regulations, 2017 for Flameproof Multi Purpose Unit, type : AUK 1000/4S, rated upto 1140V, 400A, manufactured by M/s. Ampcontrol UK Ltd., conforming to EN 60079-0:2012, EN 60079-1:2014 and EN 60079-11:2012 for use in belowground coal mines in India.
- Every equipment shall carry conspicuously in a permanent manner the aforesaid identification mark, i.e. ‘DGMS APPROVAL NO. E- 00134/3 2019.
In addition, every unit shall also carry permanently this Directorate’s approval mark, as given below
2. (a)The design of the electrical circuit shall not be changed without obtaining prior approval from this Directorate.
(b)Conspicuous warning inscriptions against opening the cover of the main enclosure or of any apparatus which gives access to the flameproof enclosures on live parts or which is designed to receive cable attachment unless the supply to the unit is isolated at source, shall be affixed permanently on the respective part to ensure that all live parts within the unit are made dead and safe.
3. Spare parts shall be made readily available to the user as and when required for proper maintenance of the equipment.
4. (a) The customer shall be supplied the copy of this approval letter, the test report from the testing laboratory with the lab certified drawing , an extract of the condition & special conditions, maintenance schedule, if any, recommended by the testing laboratory in their test report(s) so as to maintain safety features of apparatus/equipment.
(b) The customer shall also be provided a copy of factory test report along with drawings, instruction manual on the installation, operation and maintenance of the equipment and spares parts catalogue at the time of delivery of the equipment.
5. The user shall furnish the performance report of the equipment directly to this Directorate after one (01) year of actual use.
6. While seeking renewal of approval, valid BIS license in the case of Indian manufacturers and in case of foreign manufacturers, QAR/QAN, as may be applicable shall be submitted and the same shall remain valid as long as the apparatus is manufactured and marketed.
Any modification to the equipment that might be considered necessary at a later date shall be effected upon being so directed by this Directorate.
8. An officer of this Directorate may at any time draw a sample either from the factory or from the user and get it tested at the cost of the manufacturer. If the test reports are not satisfactory, this approval shall be deemed to be suspended.
9. If there occurs any revision of standards applicable to the product/equipment , the manufacturer shall get the product/equipment tested as per revised standards and submit test reports to the customer for information and to this Directorate for further approval/renewal.
10. The cable entry devices, threaded adaptors and stopping plugs shall be suitable for the equipment and be considered as a part of equipment (not a component). The cable entry device and cabling methods used shall be suitable for their intended duty and for the special type of cable used in mining. Such cable entry devices shall be duly certified as per relevant IS/IEC standards.
11. The approval of the subject equipment is with regard to Ex standards mentioned herein. Other relevant standards applicable for assessment of its electrical parameters required under type test have not been taken into consideration.
12. All circulars/general approvals issued by DGMS from time to time, relevant to the equipment shall also be complied with.
13. The plug and socket assembly affixed to the motors/panel, if provided, will be so interlocked as to prevent withdraw of plug from the socket while alive.
14. The relevant provisions of the Central Electricity Authority (Measures relating to Safety and Electric Supply) Regulations, 2010 shall be complied with in all matter relating to the installation, operation and maintenance of the equipment.
15. The approval is accorded for a period of five (05) years from the date of issue of this letter.
16. At the time of applying for renewal, details of supply with name of mines, purchase order and date shall be furnished with the application.
17. If at any time any of the conditions subject to which this approval has been granted, is violated or not complied with, this approval shall be deemed to have been revoked with immediate effect.
18. The above approval may be amended or withdrawn at any time, if considered so necessary in the interest of safety and is being issued without prejudice to any other provisions of law which may be or may become applicable at any time.