NO: E-29021|30411|2020|Electrical(HQ) Dhanbad, Date: 07.02.2020
Director General of Mines Safety (Officiating)
Directorate General of Mines Safety,
P.O & Distt: Dhanbad - 826 016.
SHIB BHOWMIK, Joy Global (UK) Limited, JOY GLOBAL (UK) LIMITED 4 SWANWICK COURT ALFRETON DERBYSHIRE - DE55 7AS
Derbyshire, Alfreton, ALFRETON, 0
Sub:- DGMS approval under Regulation 208(3) of the Coal Mines Regulations, 2017 for flameproof, weatherproof and intrinsically safe electrical equipment (as mentioned in Annexure-B) conforming to 60079-11:2006, IS/IEC 60079-0:2004 and IEC 60079-1:2007 to be associated with Feeder Breaker manufactured by M/s Joy Global (UK) Ltd.. to use with Continuous Miner in belowground coal mines in India – Renewal thereof.
Reference: Test reports as per Annexure-B
DGMS APPROVAL No. 688 of 2014
Please refer to your online application No. E-29021|30411|2020|Electrical(HQ), letter NO. JGI/DGMS/2019/54 dated 21.08.2019 and subsequent correspondence thereupon the above mentioned subject.
Based on the DGSM Approval No. 688 of 2014 issued by this Directorate’s letter No. 483/1906/EHQ dated 31.12.2014 and test reports as mentioned in Annexure-B for flameproof and intrinsically safe electrical items associated with Feeder Breaker manufactured by M/s. Joy Global (UK) Ltd. to use with Continuous Miner, I hereby renew the approval upto 31.12.2021 from the date of expiry i.e. 31.12.2019 for use in belowground Coal Mines in India, subject to compliance with the conditions mentioned in Annexure-A.
The application for renewal should be made at least three (03) months before the date of expiry of the approval.
Director General of Mine Safety - (Officiating)
Date : 07.02.2020
Enclosure: Annexure A & B.
Conditions for DGMS approval under Regulation 208(3) of the Coal Mines Regulations, 2017 for flameproof, weatherproof and intrinsically safe electrical equipment (as mentioned in Annexure-B) conforming to 60079-11:2006, IS/IEC 60079-0:2004 and IEC 60079-1:2007 to be associated with Feeder Breaker manufactured by M/s Joy Global (UK) Ltd.. to use with Continuous Miner in belowground coal mines in India.
- Every Feeder Breaker to use with Continuous Miner shall carry conspicuously in a permanent manner the aforesaid identification mark, i.e. “DGMS APPROVAL NO. 688 of 2014 .
In addition, every machine shall also carry permanently this Directorate’s approval mark as below:
- (a)The design of the electrical circuit shall not be changed without obtaining prior approval from this Directorate.
(b)Conspicuous warning inscriptions against opening the cover of the main enclosure or of any apparatus which gives access to the flameproof enclosures on live parts or which is designed to receive cable attachment unless the supply to the unit is isolated at source, shall be affixed permanently on the respective part to ensure that all live parts within the unit are made dead and safe.
3. Spare parts shall be made readily available to the user as and when required for proper maintenance of the equipment.
4. (a) The customer shall be supplied the copy of this approval letter, the test report from the testing laboratory with the lab certified drawing , an extract of the condition & special conditions, maintenance schedule, if any, recommended by the testing laboratory in their test report(s) so as to maintain safety features of apparatus/equipment.
(b) The customer shall also be provided a copy of factory test report along with drawings, instruction manual on the installation, operation and maintenance of the equipment and spares parts catalogue at the time of delivery of the equipment.
5. The user shall furnish the performance report of the equipment directly to this Directorate after one (01) year of actual use.
6. While seeking renewal, valid BIS license in the case of Indian manufacturers and in case of foreign manufacturers, QAR/QAN, as may be applicable shall be submitted and the same shall remain valid as long as the apparatus is manufactured and marketed.
7. Any modification to the equipment that might be considered necessary at a later date shall be effected upon being so directed by this Directorate.
8. An officer of this Directorate may at any time draw a sample either from the factory or from the user and get it tested at the cost of the manufacturer. If the test reports are not satisfactory, this approval shall be deemed to be suspended.
- . The high pressure hydraulic hoses, if any, supplied with the machine shall conformed to the standards and parameters as prescribed in the DGMS/Mech/Tech.Cir (Approval) No. 04, Dhanabd, dated 13.02.2015.
- . The Fire Resistant Hydraulic Fluid, if any, supplied with the machine shall conform to the standards and parameters as prescribed in DGMS/Mech/Tech.Cir (Approval) No. 02, Dhanbad, dated 13.02.2015.
The cables connecting with Equipment shall conform to the provisions of the DGMS Tech. Circular (Electrical) No. 12 dated 25.05.2015 and corrigendum vide DGMS Tech. Circular (Electrical) Approval No. 01 dated 19.02.2016 in addition to the special requirement, if any, specifically for safe operation of the equipment.
- All covers, doors/access covers of the electrical equipment mounted on the equipment, on opening/removal which may expose live internal conductors, shall have warning instructions either by raised lettering or by other suitable means against such opening/removal of covers, doors and access covers, without isolating supply of energy to the equipment from its source.
- . The plug and socket assembly affixed to the motors/panel, if provided, will be so interlocked as to prevent removal of plug from the socket while alive.
- Spare parts shall be made readily available, as and when required for proper maintenance of the equipment. Any failure in the equipment shall be intimated to this Directorate.
- All sensing devices shall be regularly tested and, routinely calibrated or verified to ensure correct operation and a record of the same shall be maintained.
- The associated items for which approval has been issued is exclusively for use as part of this equipment only and shall not be read as individual approval for those items.
- The electrical equipment and cables associated with the machine shall be checked by the Electrical Supervisor of the mine for their respective flameproofness of the equipment and condition of cables in the beginning of each working shift and the findings thereof enter into a bound-paged book maintained for that purpose which shall be duly signed by the Electrical Supervisor with the date.
- If there occurs any revision of standards applicable to the product/equipment , the manufacturer shall get the product/equipment tested as per revised standards and submit test reports to the customer for information and to this Directorate for further approval/renewal.
- The cable entry devices, threaded adaptors and stopping plugs shall be suitable for the equipment and be considered as a part of equipment (not a component). The cable entry device and cabling methods used shall be suitable for their intended duty and for the special type of cable used in mining. Such cable entry devices shall be duly certified as per relevant IS/IEC standards.
- The approval of the subject equipment is with regard to Ex standards mentioned herein. Other relevant standards applicable for assessment of its electrical parameters required under type test have not been taken into consideration.
- All circulars/general approvals issued by DGMS from time to time, relevant to the equipment shall also be complied with.
- The relevant provisions of the Central Electricity Authority (Measures relating to Safety and Electric Supply) Regulations, 2010 shall be complied with in all matter relating to the installation, operation and maintenance of the equipment.
- The approval is renewed upto 31.12.2021 from the date of expiry i.e. 31.12.2019.
- At the time of applying for renewal, details of supply with name of mines, purchase order and date shall be furnished with the application.
- Any modification/alteration to the machine that might be considered necessary at a later date in the interest of safety or/and efficient handling, operation, maintenance and manoeuvrability of the machine shall be carried out upon being so directed.
- If at any time any of the conditions subject to which this approval has been granted, is violated or not complied with, this approval shall be deemed to have been revoked with immediate effect.
- The above approval may be amended or withdrawn at any time, if considered so necessary in the interest of safety and is being issued without prejudice to any other provisions of law which may be or may become applicable at any time.
Description of FLP/WP electrical equipment/cables
DGMS Approval No./Test Certificates No.
Flameproof air cooled induction motor rated at 125 KW, 1100 V, 50 Hz, 3 phase, 4 pole, H class, CI construction, model no. 10EB440J conforming to IS/IEC 60079-1:2007, IS/IEC 60079-0:2004
Flameproof connection/switch box rated at 240 V, 250 VA (max.), MS, model no. MA 001012-0018 conforming to IS/IEC 60079-1:2007, IS/IEC 60079-0:2004
ERTL(E)/TES/J057/0053/ 09-12 dated 10.10.2012
||FLP/IS power supply reated at 110/230V AC, 12V DC, 0.5A, model TX6626 Series (12Vdc) conforming to IS/IEC 60079-1:2007, IS/IEC 60079-0:2004 and IS/IEC 60079-11:2006
||CIMFR/TC/P/H731 dated 06.02.2013
||Programmable Sensor Controller rated at Ui=16.5 VDC (max.), model No. TX9042 conforming to IS/IEC 60079-1:2007, IS/IEC 60079-0:2004 and IS/IEC 60079-11:2006
||COMFR/TC/P/H674 dated 10.01.2013
||Flameproof fluorescent light rated at 240/120 V, 58/18W, Zinc aloy, model NO. 41L Comp. with Plug LP4A conforming to IS/IEC 60079-1:2007, IS/IEC 60079-0:2004
CIMFR/TC/P/H634 dated 26.11.2013
||Flameproof restrained tyupe plug and socket, model No. DV/R/PS-1 rated at 200A, 550/1100V, 3 Phase, 50 Hz conforming to IS/IEC 60079-1:2007, IS/IEC 60079-0:2004
||Mine Line Pvt. Ltd. Kolkata
||DGMS Approval No. 298 Group-I of 1989