Dhanbad, Date: 11/06/2020
DGMS APPROVAL NO.-Mech (HQ)/APP/MRCL/APHMEL/2020-21/Renewal-02
Director General of Mines Safety
Directorate General of Mines Safety,
P.O & Distt: Dhanbad - 826 016.
G.S.R.MURTHY, ANDHRA PRADESH HEAVY MACHINERY AND ENGINEERING LTD, KONDAPALLI KRISHNA DISTRICT
Andhra Pradesh, KRISHNA, VIJAYAWADA, 521228
Sub: Renewal and amendment of the approval for Man Riding Chair Lift system, manufactured & supplied by M/s. APHMEL, to work at GDK7LEP Mine ( from 0d/15L in 3 seam to 0D/3L in 3 Seam) in RG2 Area of M/s. SCCL. .
Refer to your online application No. 30398 dated 31.12.2019 and hard copy letter No. APHMEL/MKTG/DGMS/OA:6600/GDK-7 LEP MINE/2019/7015 dated 23.10.2019 and subsequent correspondences on the above cited subject.
The matter has been further considered in light of what has been stated by you in the letter under reference, I, by virtue of powers conferred on me under Regulation 208(3) of Coal Mines Regulations 2017, hereby renew the validity of the approval issued vide this Directorate’s letter No. Mech (HQ)/APP/MRCL/APHMEL/590 dated 24.11.2014, for a period of five year i.e. up to 23.11.2024 and it may also be noted that this Directorate’s approval issued vide letter No. Mech (HQ)/APP/MRCL/APHMEL/590 dated 24.11.2014 is hereby amended and now the level mentioned as “From Surface to 0D/15L in 3 seam” in the said approval letter shall be read as “From Surface to 0D/3L in 3 Seam” in RG-II Area of M/s. SCCL, subject to the conditions provided in the approval letter No. Mech (HQ)/APP/MRCL/APHMEL/590 dated 24.11.2014 and as per annexure overleaf.
CONDITIONS STIPULATED IN RESPECT OF MAN RIDING CHAIRLIFT SYSTEM WORKING AT RK-6 INCLINE MINE (SURFACE TO 0D/3L in 3 SEAM) IN RG-II AREA OF M/S. SCCL.
1. The Man Riding Chairlift System shall fully conform to the design and the details submitted along with the application. Any modification made hereafter in the Man Riding Chairlift System shall be immediately communicated to this Directorate and its approval shall be obtained.
2. The material used in the maintenance shall generally be based on sound engineering practice and shall conform to relevant Indian Standard Specification when formulated.
3. Only fire-resistant high pressure hydraulic hoses and fire resistant hydraulic fluids shall be used in the Man Riding Chairlift system complying to the general order No. DGMS/Mech/Technical Cir.(Approval)/04 dated 13.02.2015 and No. DGMS/Mech/ Technical Cir.(Approval)/02 dated 13.02.2015 issued by this Directorate respectively.
4. NDT of all vital parts like drive sheave, return pulley, shafts, pins, brake linkages, chairs, steel structures and anchoring pins etc. along with online NDT of rope of Man Riding Chairlift system shall be tested once in six months conforming to standards at any Government approved laboratory or a test house accredited by NABL may also be accepted subject to confirmation of its ability to conduct such tests and such reports along with compliance and performance reports of Man Riding Chairlift System shall be kept available in mine office.
5. The rope used with the system shall conform to IS-1855:1977 for winding ropes and shall be duly approved by DGMS. The Factor of Safety of rope shall be maintained at ten during all of its usage. The life of the rope shall be fixed by the manager in consultation with engineer of the mine and in no case it shall exceed the approved life and shall also satisfy norms of discarding factors of the rope as per DG’s Circular as mentioned below:-
- When reduction in diameter of rope is 10% of the original diameter when new.
- 10% reduction in diameter of rope is effected by corrosion of medium degree and extended to most of the portion.
- 10% reduction in diameter of rope anywhere along the length.Shut down procedures shall be followed as per DGMS (Tech)(MAMID)/Circular No. 02 of 2017 dated: 15.06.2017 of this Directorate.
6. Shut down procedures shall be followed as per DGMS (Tech)(MAMID)/Circular No. 02 of 2017 dated: 15.06.2017 of this Directorate.
7. It is clarified that though above man-riding chairlift system has been approved for use in mine, it is obligatory on the part of the mine management to obtain permission under Regulation 93(7) of the Coal Mines Regulation, 2017 for use of man riding system.
8. Please note that the above approval is also subject to the following additional conditions:
- This approval is accorded for Man Riding Chairlift system to work at GDK-7 LEP Mine (Surface to 0D/2 Seam) in RG-2 Area of M/s. SCCL only.
- If at any time, any one of the conditions subject to which this approval has been accorded is violated or not complied with, this approval shall be deemed to have been revoked with immediate effect.
- This approval may be amended or withdrawn, at any time if considered necessary in the interest of safety.
- This is being issued without prejudice to any other provision of law that may be or become applicable at any time.
9. All technical circulars/guidelines issued from this Directorate from time to time in the interest of safety shall be complied
10. Adequate measures to ensure availability of spares for MRCL shall be taken in the interest of safety.
11.The application for renewal of approval shall be made 90 days prior to the expiry of the validity of approval.