Dhanbad, Date: 31.07.2020
DGMS APPROVAL NO.- 453 of 1997
Director General of Mines Safety (Officiating)
Directorate General of Mines Safety,
P.O & Distt: Dhanbad - 826 016.
NANDINI CHAKRAVARTY, Mine Line Pvt. Ltd., 23, INDRANI PARK
West Bengal, Kolkata, KOLKATA, 700033
Sub: DGMS approval no. 453 of 1997 under Regulation 208 (3) of the Coal Mines Regulations, 2017 for flameproof transwitch unit, model no. 1900, 500 KVA, 6.6/1.1 KV or 550 Volts Delta/Star; DYn 11 with Primary Vacuum Circuit Breaker, type no. EX630BVTS (with contactor manufactured by reputed manufacturer and tested at CPRI) and LVCA FLP secondary chamber suitable for Restricted Neutral System manufactured by M/S Mine Line Pvt. Ltd., Kolkata conforming to IS/IEC 60079-1:2007 and IS/IEC 60079-0:2004 for use in belowground Coal Mines – Renewal thereof.
Ref: CIMFR/ERTL test reports no. CIMFR/TC/SR/H631 dated 14.02.2012, CIMFR/TC/P/H5 dated 04.04.2012 and ERTL(E)/TES/M056/0047/01-12 dated 14.02.2012.
DGMS APPROVAL NO. 453 of 1997
Please refer to your online Application No. E-29021/30431/2020/Electrical (HQ) and letter No. M20/DGMS/6 dated 17.02.2020 on the above subject.
Based on DGMS approval no. 453 of 1997 issued by this Directorate’s letter no. 333/963/EHQ dated 20.11.1997, BIS Licence no. CM/L-0893166 and above test reports under reference and on the basis of extension of validity of IS/IEC60079-1:2007 standard and implementation of revised IS/IEC 60079-1:2014 test standard up to 23rd october 2020 notified by BIS reference CMD-III General, dated 27.03.2020, I hereby renew the approval upto 23.10.2020 for use in belowground Coal Mines, subject to compliance with conditions stipulated in the original approval as well as annexure enclosed with this renewal letter.
Please note that application for renewal, if required should be made before the date of expiry of the approval.
(DINESH KUMAR SAHU)
Director General of Mine Safety - (Officiating)
Date : 08/06/2020
Conditions for renewal of DGMS approval no. 453 of 1997 under Regulation 208 (3) of the Coal Mines Regulations, 2017 for flameproof transwitch unit, model no. 1900, 500 KVA, 6.6/1.1 KV or 550 Volts Delta/Star; DYn 11 with Primary Vacuum Circuit Breaker, type no. EX630BVTS (with contactor manufactured by reputed manufacturer and tested at CPRI) and LVCA FLP secondary chamber suitable for Restricted Neutral System manufactured by M/S Mine Line Pvt. Ltd., Kolkata conforming to IS/IEC 60079-1:2007 and IS/IEC 60079-0:2004 for use in belowground Coal Mines.
1. Every unit shall carry conspicuously in a permanent manner the aforesaid identification mark, i.e. ‘DGMS APPROVAL NO. 453 of 1997
In addition, every unit shall also carry permanently this Directorate’s approval mark, as given below:
2. (a)The design of the electrical circuit shall not be changed without obtaining prior approval from this Directorate.
(b)Conspicuous warning inscriptions against opening the cover of the main enclosure or of any apparatus which gives access to the flameproof enclosures on live parts or which is designed to receive cable attachment unless the supply to the unit is isolated at source, shall be affixed permanently on the respective part to ensure that all live parts within the unit are made dead and safe.
3. Spare parts shall be made readily available to the user as and when required for proper maintenance of the equipment.
4. (a) The customer shall be supplied the copy of this approval letter, the test report from the testing laboratory with the lab certified drawing , an extract of the condition & special conditions, maintenance schedule, if any, recommended by the testing laboratory in their test report(s) so as to maintain safety features of apparatus/equipment.
(b) The customer shall also be provided a copy of factory test report along with drawings, instruction manual on the installation, operation and maintenance of the equipment and spares parts catalogue at the time of delivery of the equipment.
5. The user shall furnish the performance report of the equipment directly to this Directorate after one (01) year of actual use.
6. While seeking Renewal of Approval, valid BIS license in the case of Indian manufacturers and in case of foreign manufacturers, QAR/QAN, as may be applicable shall be submitted and the same shall remain valid as long as the apparatus is manufactured and marketed.
7. Any modification to the equipment that might be considered necessary at a later date shall be effected upon being so directed by this Directorate.
8. An officer of this Directorate may at any time draw a sample either from the factory or from the user and get it tested at the cost of the manufacturer. If the test reports are not satisfactory, this approval shall be deemed to be suspended.
9. If there occurs any revision of standards applicable to the product/equipment , the manufacturer shall get the product/equipment tested as per revised standards and submit test reports to the customer for information and to this Directorate for further approval/renewal.
10. The approval of the subject equipment is with regard to Ex standards mentioned herein. Other relevant standards applicable for assessment of its electrical parameters required under type test have not been taken into consideration.
11. All circulars/general approvals issued by DGMS from time to time, relevant to the equipment shall also be complied with.
12. The plug and socket assembly affixed to the motors/panel, will be so interlocked as to prevent removal of plug from the socket while alive.
13. The relevant provisions of the Central Electricity Authority (Measures relating to Safety and Electric Supply) Regulations, 2010 shall be complied with in all matter relating to the installation, operation and maintenance of the equipment.
14. The approval is renewed upto 23.10.2020..
15. The equipment manufactured subsequently shall be identical to the proto type tested at CIMFR / ERTL vide test reports no. CIMFR/TC/SR/H631 dated 14.02.2012, CIMFR/TC/P/H5 dated 04.04.2012 and ERTL(E)/TES/M056/0047/01-12 dated 14.02.2012.
16. At the time of applying for renewal, details of supply with name of mines, purchase order and date shall be furnished with the application.
17. If at any time any of the conditions subject to which this approval has been granted, is violated or not complied with, this approval shall be deemed to have been revoked with immediate effect.
18. The above approval may be amended or withdrawn at any time, if considered so necessary in the interest of safety and is being issued without prejudice to any other provisions of law which may be or may become applicable at any time.