Please refer to your letter No. online application No. E-29021/20345/2019/Electrical (HQ) and letter No. FEPL/HBD/DGD/DGMS/2019 dated 12.07.2019 on the above subject.
Based on DGMS approval No. 649 of 2012 issued by this Directorate’s Letter No. 306/2684/EHQ dated 26.12.2012, BIS licence No. CM/L-0850855 and above test reports under reference, I hereby renew the approval upto 26.12.2024 from the date of expiry, i.e. from 26.12.2019 for use in belowground Coal Mines, subject to compliance with the conditions stipulated in the original approval as well as annexure enclosed with this renewal letter.
Please note that application for renewal should be made at least three (03) months before the date of expiry of the approval.
Director General of Mine Safety - (Officiating)
Date : 27.01.2020
Conditions for renewal of DGMS approval No. 649 of 2012 under Regulation 208 (3) of the Coal Mines Regulations, 2017 for flameproof-weatherproof Well Glass Fitting, duly tested with cable glands/sealing boxes without separate terminal box, rated with 2 nos. of CFL lamps upto 26 W, 110 V AC with built in control gear or 12 nos. of LEDs upto 26 W, 110 V AC in cast iron construction, designated by type No. FLP-WF-16 manufactured by M/s. Flameproof Equipments Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai conforming to IS/IEC 60079-0:2004 and IS/IEC 60079-1:2007 for use in belowground Coal Mines.
- (i) Every unit shall carry conspicuously in a permanent manner the aforesaid
identification mark, i.e. ‘DGMS APPROVAL NO. 649 of 2012 issued.
In addition, every unit shall also carry permanently this Directorate’s approval mark as given below :
(ii) In the nameplate marking shall be in accordance with the applicable requirements of the relevant standards.
2. (a)The design of the electrical circuit shall not be changed without obtaining prior approval from this Directorate.
(b)Conspicuous warning inscriptions against opening the cover of the main enclosure or of any apparatus which gives access to the flameproof enclosures on live parts or which is designed to receive cable attachment unless the supply to the unit is isolated at source, shall be affixed permanently on the respective part to ensure that all live parts within the unit are made dead and safe.
3. Spare parts shall be made readily available to the user as and when required for proper maintenance of the equipment.
4. (a) The customer shall be supplied the copy of this approval letter, the test report from the testing laboratory with the lab certified drawing , an extract of the condition & special conditions, maintenance schedule, if any, recommended by the testing laboratory in their test report(s) so as to maintain safety features of apparatus/equipment.
(b) The customer shall also be provided a copy of factory test report along with drawings, instruction manual on the installation, operation and maintenance of the equipment and spares parts catalogue at the time of delivery of the equipment.
5. The user shall furnish the performance report of the equipment directly to this Directorate after one (01) year of actual use.
6. Any modification to the equipment that might be considered necessary at a later date shall be effected upon being so directed by this Directorate.
- . While seeking renewal of approval, valid BIS license in the case of Indian manufacturers and in case of foreign manufacturers, QAR/QAN, as may be applicable shall be submitted and the same shall remain valid as long as the apparatus is manufactured and marketed.
8. An officer of this Directorate may at any time draw a sample either from the factory or from the user and get it tested at the cost of the manufacturer. If the test reports are not satisfactory, this approval shall be deemed to be suspended.
9. If there occurs any revision of standards applicable to the product/equipment , the manufacturer shall get the product/equipment tested as per revised standards and submit test reports to the customer for information and to this Directorate for further approval/renewal.
10. The cable entry devices, threaded adaptors and stopping plugs shall be suitable for the equipment and be considered as a part of equipment (not a component). The cable entry device and cabling methods used shall be suitable for their intended duty and for the special type of cable used in mining. Such cable entry devices shall be duly certified as per relevant IS/IEC standards.
11. The approval of the subject equipment is with regard to Ex standards mentioned herein. Other relevant standards applicable for assessment of its electrical parameters required under type test have not been taken into consideration.
12. All circulars/general approvals issued by DGMS from time to time, relevant to the equipment shall also be complied with.
13. In case of any permissible variations issued from this Directorate, they shall also be read along with this letter and the original approval letter.
14. The approval is renewed upto 26.12.2024 from the date of expiry, i.e., from 26.12.2019.
15. The equipment manufactured subsequently shall be identical to the proto type tested at CIMFR vide test report Nos. CIMFR/TC/P/1250 dated 05.01.2011, CIMFR/FLP/CORRI./FEPL/01 dated 08.07.2011 and CIMFR/FLP/Amend/11-12 dated 25.08.2011.
16. At the time of applying for renewal, details of supply with name of mines, purchase order and date shall be furnished with the application.
17. If at any time any of the conditions subject to which this approval has been granted, is violated or not complied with, this approval shall be deemed to have been revoked with immediate effect.
18. The above approval may be amended or withdrawn at any time, if considered so necessary in the interest of safety and is being issued without prejudice to any other provisions of law which may be or may become applicable at any time.